The goal is to reach level 10
Each player starts with 8 cards
- 4 door cards
- 4 treasure cards
Play cards from your hand to table anything you can't use put in the discard pile (so you have 5 cards in your hand at the beginning of the game)
Permanent or Wearable
You can play permanent or wearable items on the table in front of you. You can only use as many items as a person would be able to use. For example, you can only wear one headgear, one foot gear, or one armor. You can only use two hands worth of items (number of hands used are printed at the bottom of the item card). You can have any number of these items in play at one time. You can only have one BIG item in use at a time. BIG items say they are BIG in lower left corner.
You play curses on other players. Play curses at any time. It does not have to be your turn. The bad stuff on the curse card happens immediately.
Single Use/One Shot Items
These cards can be used during combat to help either monsters or heroes. Play during combat. Some single use items can be used at other times, such as before you kick down the door, or after a die roll. Read the text on each card for guidance.
Class Cards and Race Cards
You play class and race cards on the table in front of you. You can only have one class or race at a time, unless you also have the Super Munchkin (class) or Half Breed (race) card, which allows you to have two. If you don't want a class or race anymore, you can discard it at any time (even during combat). Discarded classes go to the discard pile, and not to the lowest level player.
Gain a Level Cards
Some treasures allow you to instantly gain a level. Play these cards when you draw them, gain a level, and then discard the card.
- 1 - Play cards from your hand to table
- 2 - Kick open the door
everyone sees the card
monster -> fight -> go to 3
curse -> eat it and discard -> go to 2a or 2b
item -> put in your hand -> go to 2a or 2b
- 2a - Look for trouble
fight monster from your hand
- 2b - Loot the room
take door card (no one sees this, straight into your hand)
- 3 - Play cards from your hand to table (once a card is played it becomes known as an item)
- 4 - Sell items on table for level (any number of cards totalling 1000 gold)
- 5 - Trade/bribe with another player (cards from table, not your hand)
- 6 - Charity (reduce hand to 5)
Check stats vs monster (add up all the values of your items and add to your level) ask for help (no more than 1 person can help you but everyone can help or hinder using one card each, help can include splitting treasure to bribe them)
- Run away
- Roll 5 or 6 to escape unharmed
- Roll 4 or less to evoke 'bad stuff'
- One-shot items, such as potions, may be played directly from your hand during combat but only items on table count in fight
- If you get help, everyone sees treasure at end
- If on your own, treasure is secret at end
- Go up by the amount of levels on card (only get a level if you kill the monster, not if you use race bonus or stat for auto death)
- Keeps race/class, gives rest of there cards to each player in order of highest level first (players choice)
Max hand size is 5
- If you get over 5 give a card from your hand to lowest level at the end of your turn during charity (roll die for ties)
Cards vs items
- When a card is played to the table it becomes an item